Improving standards. Reducing risk.
The Consulting Surveyors National Professional Standards Scheme has been endorsed by the Professional Standards Councils and will commence on 1st July 2020.
The Scheme has been specifically designed to promote professional standards, enhance consumer protection and to enable private practice members to limit their civil liability to selected amounts provided they meet the Scheme's requirements.
Read the full fact sheet here.
What is the Professional Standards Scheme?
The Professional Standards Scheme (the Scheme) is a legal instrument, established under the Professional Standards Act 1994 (the Act) and approved by the Professional Standards Councils.
The statutory objectives of the Scheme are reciprocal in nature:
- It binds Consulting Surveyors National (as the occupational association for the surveying profession in Australia) to monitor, enforce and improve the professional standards of its Members, and protect consumers of professional services; and
- Serves to cap the civil liability or damages the Consulting Surveyors National Scheme participants may be required to pay if a Court upholds a claim against them.
Download the Professional Standards Scheme brochure to find out more information.
- Consulting Surveyors National ( CSN)
host the Scheme on behalf of the profession.
- Consulting Surveyors Admin
provides regulatory administration and reporting services under a service agreement to CSN as required by the Professional Standards Council (PSC).
- Consulting Surveyors Campus
provides the training under a service agreement as required to satisfy the requirements of CSN's Continuing Occupational Education (COE) Policy.
provides the necessary resources to CS Admin and CS Campus to facilitate the running of the Scheme. ACSIS will rely heavily on it's knowledge and access to claims data in order to identify current trends so that Risk Management training can be directly targeted to those specific areas.